The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers whom they feel display positivity, creativity, and sunshine via their blog. I am so very touched and honored to be nominated by Mrs. Wayfarer over at Living Free and Making a Difference https://mrswayfarer.com/
She posed the following questions for me to answer:
Where do you find the inspiration to write your blogs?
My inspiration comes from my lived experiences. Sometimes it may be the way the light shines on a leaf, or the kindness of complete strangers. There is no one single answer to this. I try to be positive. I try to be open to the blessings of each day. And I try my best to capture this inspiration so I can share it with others.
- When was the last thing you’ve done something for the first time?
Life is always throwing adventures my way. I guess the last time was the air ambulance flight to the big city so my hubby could receive the health care he needed. I had never been in an air plane with all the machinery and health aids necessary to preserve life. The attendants were awesome and so very kind.
- If you were a superhero, who would you be?
Oh, this is a hard one. I had to go to my husband for help with this one. He said Wonder woman because I’m very big on the truth.
- What is one simple thing (or person, place, event) that never fails to brighten up your day?
My cat brightens my days, as well as my family (of course). There is just something about the unconditional love of a pet and the trust in their eyes that just makes me melt.
- What tradition in your family or country do you always look forward to?
Oh, there are so many, but I guess getting together with family at Christmas would top the list.
- What blog (and whose blog is it) inspired you to take action?
I actually started my blog while I was studying journalism some years ago and it was part of the program. I let it lapse afterward but the wildfires that forced the evacuation of my city gave me much food for thought and inspired me to pick it back up.
- What is your favorite TV show?
I do not watch much t.v. but I do enjoy This is Us.
- What movie can you watch over and over again and make you feel the same way every single time?
Beaches with Bette Midler
- What is your favorite holiday destination?
Anywhere I can sit on a beach and watch the ocean
- When was the last time you laughed so hard you had tears in your eyes?
This happens fairly often – it’s easy to make me laugh. My cat does it with her antics. When – probably yesterday.
- If you had the power to change anything in the world right now, what would it be?
Climate change because it is causing so much devastation in all parts of the globe. And because that is what is uppermost in my mind of late.
As per the rules I am nominating the following blogs (and please do check them out, you’ll be glad you did):
Cindy at cindy color and light https://colorandlight.blog
China Alexandria at Living the dream https://livingthefantasy.blog
Harold over at https://earthwalkingworld.wordpress.com
Eliza Waters at My own Paradise: Life on Seven and a Half Acres https://elizawaters.com
America on coffee https://americaoncoffee.wordpress.com
The conversation room https://theconversation-room.com
Brave and reckless https://braveandrecklessblog.com
Rules of the game are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you;
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you;
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.